Who doesn’t want to fly for free? Signing up for credit card bonuses is often the fastest way to earn miles/ points. The Southwest Airlines card is great for domestic airline travel.
Exclusive Benefits Include:
- Receive 25,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months.
- Redeem points for International flights, cruises, hotel stays, car rentals, and gift cards.
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on Southwest Airlines® and AirTran® Airways purchases made directly with the airlines.
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on Rapid Rewards Hotel and Car Rental Partner purchases.
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Receive 6,000 points after your Cardmember Anniversary.
- Earn 1,500 Tier Qualifying Points toward A-List and A-List Preferred status for every $10,000 you spend on the card (maximum of 15,000 Tier Qualifying Points annually).
Currently the signup bonus is only 25,000 points. Often they offer 50,000 points.
What does 25,000 equal in flight travel? A $90 flight is 4,409 points. A flight for $199 is 9,879 points. The best thing about Southwest is when they have a sale the points you need to fly also go down! So earn the points and hold them for a sale.